SEPTEMBER 19th - 26TH @ Day One 175 N. Euclid Ave. Pasadena
PEACE TENT 2010:
The Language of Peace
The Peace Tent will be set up on the lawn of Day One from September 19 - 26. Open daily 10:00AM - 4:00PM for visitors to sit in for quiet contemplation, meditation, or prayer to experience inner peaceful dialogue for five, ten, fifteen minutes, or an hour. Scheduled daily activities for the mind, body, and spirit.
Participants will explore ways to cultivate peace within themselves, their families, and communities.
6PM - 7PM - Bring your mats and eating utensils for
7PM - 8PM - Special Presentations (log-on to the links below for daily activities' schedule)
• The Way of the Circle workshop by Lise Randsall, The Ojai Foundation
• Non-viloent Communication workshop by NVC Center trainer
• Mindfulness in Daily Life talk by Linda Maxwell, We Care For Youth
• Flying Peace Doves, contribution of Jizo Peace Center
• African Talking Drum performance
• Drum Circle by Sue Michiels
• Reflective writing by writing instructor Elana Golden, The Writing Studio
• "Baking Bread" performance by artists Charlie Hachadourian and Poorang Nori
• Speaking and Listening from the Heart by Jeni Futvoye, The Partnership for Safe
Families and Communities of Ventura County
• Flamenco workshop by dance teacher Fatima Mendoza
• The Universal Language of Dance by Karine Armen
• Planting, preparation of organic foods, and ongoing arts and crafts projects
by community volunteers
Log on to www.peacetent.blogspot.com for daily updates on schedule of events at the PEACE TENT or visit our website at http://peacetentus.ipage.com/ E-mail comments or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.